"Marriage and family status unknown."
John Atlas, 1985
Sarah Atlas was born between 1845 and 1855 in Louisiana and died unknown. Not much is known about her life or her descendants.
Research hypothesizes that she followed the following path:
Carroll Parish Marriage Records, 1870 to 1875, Part One, Page 49 - Richard Henderson to Sarah Allage, June 4, 1870 in Carroll Parish, LA. License received June 6, 1870. Marriage bonded by Hyman Henderson, Witnesses: Reuben Gann, Anderson Phillips, Stephen January. Marriage performed by Jackson J. Williams. Judge, Clerk: RK Anderson
The following notations are the locations where Sarah Atlas and her family could have been living in based on census records:
- 1870 US Census: Hopewell Plantation, Carroll Parish, LA
- 1880 US Census: Bunches Bend, East Carroll Parish, LA
- 1900 US Census: Ward 2, East Carroll Parish, LA
Children of Sarah Atlas and Richard Henderson:
- Mary (born about 1864, died unknown);
- Hyman (born about 1867, died unknown);
- Baptiste (born about 1875, died unknown);
- Squire (born between 1877-1888, died unknown);
- Albert (born about 1878, died unknown)
Research efforts regarding the life of Sarah Atlas are continual.